Over 107 million monthly users in 2020, $2.54 billion in sales, and more than 2.4 million daily orders. These stats represent just a few of the impressive wins the online shopping behemoth Wish has achieved.
As Wish’s momentum gathers pace, the exciting growth opportunities it offers to eCommerce businesses are undeniable. The best part is, that success is for the taking on this platform for brands who understand the lay of Wish’s fulfillment land. But with access to information on Wish’s fulfillment operations being limited for non-sellers makes it challenging to know what your responsibilities will be.
Don’t fret. In this post, we’ll uncover the essential details on Wish’s fulfillment fees, rules, and requirements to ensure your eCommerce business can build a profitable and compliant strategy. We’ll also share our no-nonsense tips for thriving on Wish.
Thinking about selling on Wish? Get your fulfillment process ready for the journey.
Shipping rules and requirements on Wish: The lowdown
If there’s one area that decides whether your brand gets and stays in Wish’s good books, it’s fulfillment. Wish goes as far as to rank fulfilling orders “promptly and accurately” as a merchant’s “number one priority” once they’ve secured a sale.
Therefore, it’s crucial you stay updated on the terms of service, especially those relating to your shipping duties as a seller. Why? Customer experience. Wish cares about how shoppers feel about its brand, from the products sold on its platform to returns.
On Wish, you can choose to self-fulfill in-house or partner with a Wish fulfillment provider. But if you opt to take on fulfillment, you’ll have some shipping rules to observe.
If you trip up in following any of these rules, you’ll get what Wish calls an “infraction” recorded on your account. One too many can lead to Wish suspending or even terminating your account. Here are a few key rules you’ll need to observe. You must:
- Fulfill orders within 5 calendar days.
- Confirm orders within a set time (with 168 hours for orders under $100.00 and 336 hours for orders over this amount (Shipping costs included).
- Use authentic tracking numbers only.
- Use WishPost as your carrier if you fulfill orders from Mainland China.
- Not cancel or refund an order before confirming fulfillment.
Need a fulfillment provider that “gets” Wish? MyFBAPrep has got you covered.
Outsourced vs in-house Wish fulfillment
If you aren’t sure whether you want to outsource your Wish fulfillment or handle orders in-house, let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons.
In-house fulfillment benefits:
- Lower storage fees: If you have an in-house warehouse, you control your storage fees. This means you don’t have to pay 3PL warehousing or long-term storage fees, which can quickly add up.
- More control: Since you have full control over your in-house fulfillment operations, you can oversee every step of the process; from order tracking to prep, all the way to last mile-shipping.
Outsourced fulfillment benefits:
- Hassle-free fulfillment that helps you scale: Outsourcing fulfillment can make selling on the Wish marketplace swift and simple when used correctly. You’ll then be free to dedicate your time to other important tasks that’ll grow your business.
- Gain a competitive edge with Wish Express benefits: The right fulfillment partner can help ensure fast shipping. Once your business qualifies for Wish Express, a 2-day shipping guarantee, your listings will get a conversion-boosting orange truck symbol that alerts shoppers that your product is on the Wish Express program.
- Leverage fulfillment across multiple marketplaces: Your fulfillment partner can support you as you expand your business to different sales channels, such as Amazon and a direct-to-consumer store. Using a trusted 3PL can help you manage your inventory for services such as Fulfillment by Amazon and more.
Don’t wait for the right time. Set your store up for the win with top-notch fulfillment now.
Straight talking tips for a successful selling journey on Wish
To hit it big on Wish, you’ll need a rockstar plan and flawless execution to stand out from the crowd. But you’re likely wondering how and where to get started.
Partner with an experienced fulfillment service
Joining forces with a reliable fulfillment solution is vital. You’ll not only gain more flexibility in your business operations but also peace of mind knowing the most critical task on your Wish to-do list is in safe hands.
However, it’s important to remember that Wish has many rules with costly consequences for non-compliance. So, your chosen fulfillment provider should:
- Have significant experience in managing Wish orders
- Integrate their tech with your Wish store seamlessly
- Make speed and accuracy a priority in your fulfillment process
- Have a deep understanding of Wish’s rules and requirements for fulfillment
- Handle shipping and returns efficiently
Optimize your inventory
Keeping your inventory organized on the shelves and digitally is a must to ensure your Wish store maintains optimal stock levels, dodges inventory-related issues, and delivers a great customer experience. Optimizing inventory should be an ongoing task. Here are some areas you can tackle to get started:
- Assign stock-keeping units (SKUs) to every product and variation for swift identification.
- Arrange stock strategically so they are easy to pick and pack (if fulfilling internally).
- Use inventory forecasting tools to predict demand more accurately.
- Have backup units to avoid stockouts.
- Stay on top of stock counts to avoid errors.
Turn your product listings into sales-generating machines
Your store will need a healthy conversion rate to make selling on Wish worthwhile. Luckily, product listings are your 24-7 sales vehicles that go to bat for your store in the ultra-competitive online market. Invest in your listing to ensure they shine. Some areas to improve include:
- SEO: Conduct thorough keyword research periodically to discover new keywords to test in your product listings and ads to drive conversions.
- Headline copy: Your headlines should be simple to understand, optimized with relevant keywords your target customer is searching for and used to describe your product.
- Product descriptions: Sell the benefits your item provides the buyer to help them justify the purchase and reduce buyer’s remorse later on.
- Video: Utilizing video can help increase product engagement and stats. 94% of marketers say video helped them increase dwell time on their product or service. So, create engaging explainer videos to increase the perceived value of your products.
- Product branding (packaging and labeling): Your branding should be attractive, exude quality, and breed confidence and trust.
- Reviews: Encourage honest reviews and photos from your customer to breed trust in site visitors and drive more sales. 79% of consumers say user-generated content affects their buying decisions.
- Pricing: Competitive pricing is a must on Wish. So, conduct competitor research and use it to guide your pricing.
- Product availability: On Wish, you can sell to more than 78 countries, opening huge doors for building your brand, sales, and customer base on a global scale. So work with your fulfillment provider to create a shipping strategy for each product category in your Wish store and update your listing to include the international shipping options you offer.
Wrapping up — Wish fulfillment fees and requirements
With a growing customer base and ironclad brand, Wish is a force to be reckoned with. But the kicker, with the right fulfillment strategy, a can-do attitude, and a willingness to pivot according to market needs, your store can piggyback off Wish’s success to win big. Combine this approach with great products, optimized listings, and enticing ads, and you’ll be well on your way to scaling your Wish store to new heights.
Looking for a way to stand out on Wish? Learn how MyFBAPrep can help.